Tuesday, February 3, 2009

OVER ACHIEVER

So I am known as the "overachiever" in my classes at school. This morning in my first class (PE 320 8:00am) we got our paper back that we turned in last week. The paper was on Behavior Management. In other words, if you were a teacher what would you do to ensure that your students are following the rules-what are your plans if they do not follow the rules. She had also mentioned that we could make a plan that we might follow if we were in a coaching position. I had already planned on writing out the plan that we use at work-Positive Redirection. I had all of that typed up already for my staff so I thought that wasn't much work. Plus I was afraid she would not like that I am not in school to get my Master's in Fitness but for Physical Education. So I thought up a plan for my class. In the meantime, I found some great literature on the merit/demerit system for a cheer leading program and included that in my paper as well.
Little did I know that when I got to class the professor wanted to pass my paper around and let all the other students review over my plan. She went on to say it was really a great paper. OMG! My face was so red-I get embarrassed very easily anyways-but now the whole class was looking at me and under their breath you know they were dogging me. Boy did I get it after that class from my class mates. Most of their papers were 1-2 pages long and here mine was 10 pages.

Not to mention the professor had to write EXCELLENT!! WITH A BIG FAT SMILEY FACE!!

So needless to say-I will not go above and beyond in that class again-well maybe-that is just my style. If I am told to do something-I want to do my best work and that my friends was the best. So just call me "OVERACHIEVER" I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment