Friday, January 8, 2010

New Year's Resolutions 3-2-1- GO!!!

Hello!  As  you all know this has been the longest battle for me-having a c-section and not being able to workout!  OH but guess what!!!  That battle is about to be defeated-I have been able to workout in our basement for the past week.  That is right-I am not released from the Dr but last time I went in she said to walk and not lift anything over 25 pounds.  So I have been lifting 10 pound dumbbells=2o pounds and walking/jogging on the treadmill.  I decided last night to go for two miles.  OUCH is all I can say-the first mile took me 9 minutes and 22 seconds and the last mile took about 10 minutes.  That is 2 miles under 20 minutes.  I must say for being 5 weeks and 5 days post op that is pretty darn good.  It is not my best time by any means but it certainly is a start.  Needless to say this morning I am sore!  It is the good sore!!!  
Braden had a tough night-I had chili for lunch and it did not go over well with him last night.  He was up until 12:30am screaming with a tummy ache.  I finally got him settled and slept on the couch with him-I have got to put a stop to this couch thing-he sleeps so good on his tummy though.  
Today my mom is coming over to keep Braden for a minute while I run to eat lunch with Meredith.  Her birthday was Tuesday and I have not been out of the house so I told her I would take her to lunch one day.  I don't want to get Braden out so Mom will keep him.  Janice your time is next-I already have the date set.  January 21-I have my 5 year recognition for working at St Vincent's so I need a sitter then.  THANK YOU!!
This is so random but I have been craving this every night for a snack-it is so yummy
GRAHAM CRACKERS AND PEANUT BUTTER-I just ate one for breakfast!!!
Diet Coke-Caffeine Free- of course
I would really like to stop by Starbucks on my way home today and get a Caramel Frappucino-I know that is a cold frozen drink but oh I love them!!!
AND I WANT TO GO SHOPPING!!  I said I was going to do some online shopping the other day but I would so much rather go try on the outfits and be sure they fit so I don't have to send them/take them back.  Plus I need something for January 21st.  

You know my checklist from Monday-
  • workout-this will be an every day thing-even on the weekends!!!
  • send out some thank you cards
  • fill in some of Braden's baby book
  • finish organizing the closets upstairs
  • maybe do a little shopping online-I need some new work clothes and from the crash course Saturday I will NEVER be able to go shopping with Braden-he is like his daddy-hates and I mean HATES shopping!
  • Take a NAP!
Here is what I HAVE done
  • workout
  • wrote out most of my thank you cards-now to just mail them
  • Nap got a small nap yesterday 
I feel pretty good-now off to shower-hope Braden will rest quietly in his bouncy seat for me.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment