Monday, February 8, 2010

*MILESTONE*, SICKNESS, and BIRTHDAY

Just when I feel like I am doing really good I fall off the wagon.  
Here is what we have been up to the past few days- but first this is why I get to play catch up right now:

He loves his swing-we just have to get him out of the habit of sleeping in the swing!!!

I left off last week around Wednesday.  
I had to work so I didn't get to work out like I had planned-we went to church that evening though.
Thursday 
I went back to work-this was Brad's last interview for the whole Lieutenant position. I didn't set an alarm clock because in my head I had calculated that Braden would be up around 5:30am for a feeding.  *Well to my surprise he decided that he would actually sleep 6 straight hours.* And then on top of that didn't wake up until 7am.  But we are so excited he is finally sleeping a tlittel longer than just three hours.  So I had to get to work late which means I had to stay a bit later than what I had planned.  By the time I got home he was exhausted from his day at Mrs Brenda's but that was okay I knew I would be home Friday with him.  Oh and you guessed it I didn't get my workout in today because once I got home we ate dinner-I picked up Jim and Nick's (but it was healthy-I ate a grilled chicken sandwich-they just put it on a bun instead of sour dough bread that I had asked for) to kind of celebrate with Brad-sigh of relief.  
Friday 
Brad worked and we just hung out at home ALL DAY LONG!  We were going to go visit my mom that evening but she called and said she had gone to the doctor and was sent home with the flu!  So going to Gran and Paw-Paw's was out of the question for the weekend.  I really needed to go to the store-was in desperate need of a Diet Coke but it was rainy and I did not want to get Braden out in the cold because he still has a bit of a cold.  We got dressed and pretended like we were going somewhere fun.

Saturday
Brad came home from work today not feeling well at all.  I had already made plans to go with Cindi, Brenda and her boys to Carter's and Osh Kosh so we headed out around 10am.  OH MY IT WAS COLD!  Brad stayed home with Braden in hopes that he would take a few naps-well every time I called he was awake.  Poor Brad-I know he needed some rest!!  On our way back home we stopped by my favorite-CFA and ate lunch then to Target to pick up a video monitor. Braden will start sleeping in his own room this week-or so we hope!!!  I got some very cute outfits at the Carter Outlet.  Take a peak-

I got home and Brad left to go to a Doc in the Box-thankfully he does not have the flu.  I think he was just worn down from all that studying he had to do and stress from the past few months. We were planning on going to Nana and Grand Daddy's house for supper but with Brad getting sick we just decided to stay home.   Once Brad got home I quickly changed into some workout gear and headed downstairs-I needed a quick pick me up workout.  
Here is what I did-
0.25 miles at 6.5mph
100 squats
0.25 miles at 7.0mph
75 squats
75 jumping jacks
0.25 miles at 7.5mph
50 squats
50 jumping jacks
50 sit-ups
0.25 miles at 8.0mph
25 squats
25 jumping jacks
25 sit-ups
25 push-ups
I quickly came upstairs jumped in the shower and we caught up on some of our DVR shows. Looks like Daddy was showing somebody how to play on the computer.  

Sunday
We got up and went to church then met Nana and GrandDaddy, Joshua, LL and Lane at McCormick and Schmidt's to eat brunch.  It was so GOOD!  I had french toast and Brad ate shrimp and grits.  We left there and went to J and S house for some Birthday Cake.  It was yummy-I don't like chocolate that much but I must say Janice's made from scratch chocolate cake might be my favorite now!  IN MODERATION!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAND-DADDY!

10 week post coming soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment