Tuesday, January 26, 2010

There is a FIRST time for everything

FIRST WOUND
Last Wednesday we took Braden to Sarah Pharris's to have his pictures made again.  I posted his pictures last week.  So let me tell you what momma did- I had a cute Feltman outfit-- I put it on him and we put him on the blanket for his pictures-he smiled and cooed and was doing GREAT! We got some great photos and then Sarah told me to change him in his next outfit---that is when the chaos started.  Before I had put the outfit on him I found a straight pin and it did not click for me to look on the other side well guess what-the other side had a straight pin and momma did not take it out.  I was taking off his outfit and he starts having a screaming fit-I mean you would have thought I cut his arm off.  Thankfully that didn't happen but I did cut his side just a tiny bit.  I felt HORRIBLE!  I mean what was I thinking or better yet not thinking-why didn't I check the other side for a pin!!!  What was so bad was that this was the FIRST outfit.  And we had three more outfits to go--that made for a long photo session.  Thankfully I had a bottle and his daddy there to help me out.  The pictures turned out great-oh for his little cut on his side-we cleaned it off and I could not even see it by the time we got home that night.
TRIP TO THE MALL
Thursday I decided to get up and get us ready to go to the mall.  I was kind of scared of how he would act since his last trip to the mall was a very quick trip.  Brad was at work so I didn't have him there to help-I got us both ready packed the diaper bag and was out the door by 10:15am. We got there and he was sound asleep-I was able to pick up a few items but nothing exciting. He was so good the entire time-around 11:45am Mom called and said she would meet us at Brio to eat lunch-YUMMY that was the best sandwich ever-I could eat one right now.  I fed Braden a little bottle and headed to Brio-he slept the entire time we ate and then at the end he decided to wake up and let Gran hold him.  She had to go back to work so we went back to shopping. Well I shopped while Braden slept.  We decided to get in the car and go visit daddy at work.  He slept the ENTIRE time there.  Cindi had asked us to come over for supper so we headed back down 280 at around 5:15pm-that was the most horrible decision of the day.  By the time I got half way down 280 Braden was crying so I pulled over an the poor boy was HOT!!  I just cant get the temperature right with this boy.  He stays HOT-not a fever but just body heat hot.  SO I took off some of his clothes-fed him in the parking lot and then headed to Cindi's.  We ate pork chops, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls!  It was yummy!  Braden did really good-I had to feed him a little before we left i order to make it home in time to give him more and put him to bed.
JUST A SWINGIN'
Friday we hung out at home-Braden is LOVING his swing these days!  I needed to sweep and mop the floors and he just took catnaps in his swing while I did housework.

READY FOR THE WEEKEND
Saturday we just hung out all day.  We did go eat at Nana's house.


Sunday Brad had to go back to work so I got Braden up and ready for church-IT WAS POURING DOWN RAINING!  Brian, Sarah and the girls met us there and Brian was so sweet to go park my car and go back after church and bring it to me.  We just went and hung out Gran's all day and had some visitors.  Look at Dylan holding Braden-Braden looks scared to death!!
FIRST DAY AT MRS BRENDA'S and MOMMY'S FIRST DAY BACK TO WORK
Monday was Braden's first day at Mrs Brenda's.  He will be staying with her while mommy and daddy are at work.  I have decided to go back to work 2 days per week until March.  So that should give me practice getting Braden up and do everything I need to do to get to work on time.  I will be going to work the days that Brad gets off at Hoover.  So Braden will ride with me to work and Brad will swing by and get him and take him to Mrs Brenda's house for the day. It really was not that hard for me-I just felt like I was giving him to Brad to keep all day-Brad had the hard part-dropping him off.  Braden got there around 8:30am -he went down for his nap around 10:30am and woke-up at 1:30pm.  That is GREAT!  He never naps that long at home!  Brad picked him up around 3pm.  Mrs Brenda keeps Cindi's boys and Jayce was at Mommy's Day out from 9-1pm so she really didn't have all the kids all day-but the test comes Thursday.  Oh and by the way-I only texted her once to check on him.  haha  Here is a picture of Braden Monday morning at 6am-he is such a HAPPY BABY in the morning!!

Today we are just hanging out at home-I am REALLY tired!  I am trying to nap but it is so hard when he grunts like a dinosaur the whole time he sleeps.  
OK his 8 weeks post will be up soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment