Sunday, December 20, 2009

BUSY WEEKEND

BRADEN LOVES LOOKING AT THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!
This week has been very busy!  Pictures will be posted tomorrow.
Thursday 
Brad and I went shopping-well I did Brad drove Braden around while I went in each store.  I don't think I have ever done my Christmas shopping so quickly-I had a list of things to get and what store-I would run in and run out.  Record time for shopping.  But I still have lots of gifts to get-oh I am not sure I will ever get done!
Friday
Pretty boring day-I wrapped gifts and Brad worked at Warrior until 3pm.  Huge thanks to Nancy-she made me a Chicken Divan that I froze until we needed it-and tonight we needed it! It was so good!  Thank you Nancy-Brad loved it and we appreciated it so much!  I made some chocolate covered pretzels and tried to get things packed for Saturday-we have so much planned...
Oh and Braden's belly button came off!!!!
Saturday
Started out with a late night-Braden is not feeling well- he has some tummy aches-lots of gas. Not sure what it is-maybe the broccoli in the chicken divan.  But I sure loved it!  I got up at 7am and started getting ready-we had a surprise birthday party to go to for Janice-Brad's mother. She turns 60 on Monday!  We met Anita, Jimmy, Larry, Diane, Amy, Josh, Grandmother Chris, LL, and Lane and then headed to Janice and Sam's.  She was quite surprised when she saw all of us at her door on a Saturday morning.   We hung out at her house until 12pm and headed to Brio for lunch.  It was so much fun.  After lunch we headed back to their house and atw birthday cake and talked.  At about 4pm we started baking Christmas goodies.  That was our plan anyways-was to meet at her house to bake cookies.  We had so many things to bake that we didn't get them all baked cause we were all so exhausted.  But we did bake Snicker doodles, chocolate chip cookies, Monster cookies, and sausage balls.  While we ate supper-we watched some of Janice's old Christmas movies- I laughed until I hurt-Brad was the funniest little kid ever.  I told Janice I wanted a copy of that DVD.  Because if I ever need a good laugh I could just pop that DVD in and laugh until I cried.  It was great!  We didn't get to watch them all because it was getting late-but we plan on watching them again Christmas Eve.  Oh I cant wait to watch them all!
Janice got the best birthday gift ever-JOSH GOT A JOB!!!
Amy was so excited to see Baby Braden.  
Amy-thank you for my first Alabama toboggan-cant wait to wear it.
Sunday
Braden decided that since he was such a GOOD boy all day Saturday that he would be a BAD boy that night.  We were up until 1am.  OH I WAS TIRED!  We slept until 9am and I loved it. Once we got up and got Braden fed again and put him down for his morning nap Brad and I were able to clean the house a little.  Amazing at how dirty my house gets in just a few days.  I needed to go to Wal-Mart for some things so we loaded up and headed to Gardendale.  Of course Brad drove Braden around the parking lot and I dashed in trying to make record time and I did -15 minutes  ha!  We got home and put up everything and fed Braden and actually laid down for a nap.  I felt refreshed once i got up.  Mom, Dad, and Maw-Maw came over to visit Braden and brought us supper.  It was YUMMY!  VEGGIES!! Moms are the best - especially mine!  Thank you so much!  Once we were done with supper it was time for our first lesson on bathing!  Yep Braden go this FIRST BIG BOY bath.  So exciting-not really -he hated it!  But loved the way he felt once he was dried and lathered up with lotion and ready to eat!  
Now it is time to go to bed-it is 9:30pm and Braden will be waking very soon for his next feeding in about 30 minutes!  I pray he eats, burps, and goes right back to sleep. Because this headache that I have is not going away as quickly as I would like...
NIGHT NIGHT!
PAW PAW holding Braden for the first time!  
I LOVE YOU-PAW PAW
BRADEN'S FIRST BIG BOY BATH!  

No comments:

Post a Comment