Tuesday, March 24, 2009

GOD hears our prayers!

I copied this post from MckMama.  I could not have said this any better!  Please read this entry-it is worth every second.

God answers prayers. Just not always in the way or in the time frame we want. God answers prayers, but the outcome we hope for, and beseech God for, is not always the outcome God has in mind.

God hears our prayers. But God still does what He, in His sovereignty, is going to do. He listens to our prayers, hears us each and every time we speak to Him, 
think to Him, or even groan to Him. God is affected by our prayers and He wants us to pray. 

But God is still 
God and our prayers do not change God or His mind, at least not in the way we sometimes think. He knew we were going to pray before we ever prayed. He knows the past, present and future all at once. He listens to our prayers, but our prayers don't change things. God changes things. 

Yet nothing changes 
for God, per se. If God changes His mind, because of our fervent prayers (Which He very well, might, so please keep praying!!), it will be something that God already knew would happen. He knew we'd pray. We still should pray, still need to pray, but God knows what He is going to do already.  It is our job to communicate with God, to love Him, and, ultimately, to trust that whatever He decides is best. 

Did you know that prayer can sometimes do amazing things for 
the one who is praying, too?! Prayer is talking with God. We are to talk to God. If we love Him, and have a relationship with God, we will want to chat with Him, and tell Him how wonderful He is, and beseech Him with our requests.

And, in the end, God will do what God alone wants to do. 

These can be hard thoughts to swallow, and even more difficult concepts to understand fully. And it gives me peace that I cannot fully understand God, or how prayer actually works, or what His will really is.

All I need to do is to 
know God. That is enough for me.

See, God is GOD. His ways are higher than mine. I am human, mortal, made of mere flesh and blood. Sure, I have the Holy Spirit living inside of me, and a very capable brain, but I am still made
 right now for this earth. It is impossible, literally actually honestly impossible, for me to ever (while still treading this earth that is not my ultimate home), understand God in the same way that I can understand a mathematical equation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment